Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Alright so.

When I go through things, emotionally that is. From boredom to a full on mental break down. (I'm usually an anxious mess) I often feel like I need a change to go with it, whether it be a new piercing, hair dye or an outfit that I wouldn't usually wear. I just need something different. I need to take a break from bieng me I guess and I knowww that these little changes don't really change anything at all but it's usually enough to give me that confidence boost that cheers me up and makes life temporarily a little easier.

This time, I coloured my hair. I've outgrown to 'DIY' phase of early teen hood and now I do these things al' professional. I went in with a photo, which I didn't end up showing the hair dresser (I guess I always end up getting persuaded into other things) and a 'do something, anything!' attitude which hair dressers usually respond well to.  I initially wanted something dark and auburny like Demi Lovatos current do... example:

Pulpit rock


As I was dead sick of my dirty blonde/brown/overgrown hair that everyone seems to have at the moment because balayage/ombre and dirty blonde is 'in' but let me tell you, it's fucking boring after a while especially when everyone has a version of... example:

Pulpit rock


I went to a cheapish hair dresser, the lady was lovely and she got all excited with me after we decided on a vibrant red shade, giggly and on that "I'm going to be a new woman" high, which some of you girls may be familiar with I walked out with this...

Pulpit rock

It's semi permanent. The colour was Indian Red and I'll try post a better DSLR photo in natural lighting sometime soon. It will last about 8 weeks and I'll try update yall on how the colour wears for any of you interested in semi permanent hair dye.

Its blinding I know but in real time, it's a darker mahogany but still a completely over the top shade. I like it but it doesn't reallyyyy suit me... I guess it's just a little to red. I personally don't use hair colour to accessorize. When you have to start matching clothes to you hair well... it's a little to much work. I can't wait to wash it and style it myself 'make it my own' I guess is an appropriate phase as I never leave the hair dressers 100 percent happy because it always feels over producted  and heavy andddd it gets greasy hours later. In my experience anyway.

I'll tell you how it wears but wa'la. It seemed to do the trick. This and some feel good movies, I'll be on the road to sanity in no time.

X

2 comments: